June 25, 2008

The Drive Out

With some minor and other not so minor glitches, we have now made our way to Fort Stockton, Texas.

We are kind of hyper and exhausted at the same time, and half my brain is still somewhere on I-10, mindlessly driving through West Texas.

I did take a few pictures. Those of you who know me well will not be surprised to see that a couple are of animals we "met" along the way. Some others will recognize the Sky Watch photo op.

There were moments when I wished we could stop and pull over on the Interstate and take some pictures that I knew would interest one or another of the people I know. For example, I saw the most fascinating water towers, and I thought of Dot immediately.

Matt has informed us that he'll be joining Glen, Jenny and me in Albquerque for the weekend of the Fourth. We were very excited about that.

And hopefully I'll have time to copy here the songs Jenny chose and put on a Travel Musci CD for us to play on the road. It is an impressive collection, and we had a ball listening to it today. Everything from hiphop to the Brokeback soundtrack made the cut.

Tomorrow we will be in Las Cruces, and I hope we will have some time and energy left over for some actual sightseeing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures are great Carole....

"Are we there yet??????"

Sit back and enjoy, they say "getting there" is the most fun...but then whose THEY???

Daryl said...

Cool pix!!!!!!

:-Daryl

Unknown said...

HI CAROLE!!!! It wasn't till Onnie reminded me of your email that I found your link! Very cool. Love the pics.